Makerspaces in Libraries: Day-out with smart technologies @ Goethe Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan.
The Event was a first of it’s kind in India where we had presentations by experts on what Makerspace in Libraries are and how it could be beneficial to libraries. Edutech also conducted hands-on sessions where the participants were able to understand concepts like 3D Printing, Virtual Reality, Robotics, IOT, Electronic Building Blocks, etc by using products from DREMEL, Labster, LEGO Education, littleBits, etc.
The Highlights of this event were :
- Designing and printing objects using 3D Printer
- Experiencing virtual labs
- Building, programming and running a Robot using Lego Education Mindstorms EV3
- Creating Internet of Things (IOT) projects like smart home automation, automatic pet feeder, etc using littlebits electronic building blocks
- Creating and executing Art Projects using the electronic invention kit: Makey Makey, floor robot: sphero